Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat Fifth-wheel
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ford F-250.
Fulltimer
Yes
Our 2 ceiling AC blowers have vents throughout the RV. When using the AC we like using the bedroom blower during the day and living blower when in bed. Is it good to just close the two large vents on the blower units or do they need to be open for circulation or some other reason?

IMG_0411.jpeg

Just remember heat energy rises,so the vents should be Left open. But there are more important issues with closing the vents!

The evaporator coils can freeze up without proper air flow, so if that is how you plan on control, or you forget to open them back up!!! . . .

If you are talking about the "quick cool" dump next to the cold air return, they can be left closed. Your RV is fully ducted and is designed to work with the quick cool closed.

Thanks, I’m not sure we are talking the same. My fault. The vents 1 are the small filters and we clean the frequently. The round vent 2 we have throughout the RV and they are all open. We closed vents 3 thinking for more air through the 2 style vents. Are you saying I need to keep the 3 vents open also?

IMG_0411.jpeg

I installed a KoolRV unit last year, and it made quite a difference.

Any restrictions not designed for, reduce air flow. In a house, vents are balanced when a unit is installed to keep room temperature consistent. The temperature is monitored at the coil to guarantee the proper temperature drop, and air flow.

RVs are different, but you need to make sure the drop between intake and output sides are correct, otherwise you will increase the chance the evaporator may freeze.

I am not that familiar with the RV options, but science behind them will stay consistent.

Thanks, I’m not sure we are talking the same. My fault. The vents 1 are the small filters and we clean the frequently. The round vent 2 we have throughout the RV and they are all open. We closed vents 3 thinking for more air through the 2 style vents. Are you saying I need to keep the 3 vents open also?

View attachment 23731
Your #3 vents are what I called "quick cool" and can be left closed at all times. Any vent with a filter is the cold air return.

Like I said. I am not familiar anymore. On My 95 winnie the square vents were return vents,and the round ones were the cold vents. Only Way to know is to see what is under the square vent.

Like I said. I am not familiar anymore. On My 95 winnie the square vents were return vents,and the round ones were the cold vents. Only Way to know is to see what is under the square vent.
FYI- Cold Air Return is the universal term for air returning to any unit to be heated or cooled and sent back to the room. Filters are in the cold air returns. This applies to a house or RV.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back