• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Brisket on a smoker?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Buddy, we need to have a sit-down with these Texas wannabes. Hopefully, Neil knows the difference in a flat and a point and he is even questioning where and how he inserted the thermometer.

Sheridan, well, Sheridan lives in Kalyfornia so what does he know about a brisket? He probably will want to stuff it with Alfalfa sprouts or a even worse.

Buddy, we need to have a sit-down with these Texas wannabes. Hopefully, Neil knows the difference in a flat and a point and he is even questioning where and how he inserted the thermometer.

Sheridan, well, Sheridan lives in Kalyfornia so what does he know about a brisket? He probably will want to stuff it with Alfalfa sprouts or a even worse.
Avocados most likely

I am curious if you have used this as just a grill - where you satisfied?

Well, happen to know a few Californians who can do a mighty fine Brisket, and will stand up against any I've had from anywhere...thank you very much. ;-)

Neal, are you protecting your brisket from your deflection plate? That plate can give off too much radiant heat and end up drying your brisket out.

We've held Brisket classes, and even had Jeremy Yoder out a few times.
This was an "all nighter" we pulled off out at theBBQHQ in which we ran a blind taste test from 6 pellet grills with different pellets. So much fun!

It's all about starting out low for a few hours to build the flavor, then bumping it up a bit for the remaining cook, watching the stall, and a real TIGHT WRAP with heavy butcher paper for the final.

Jeremy has been working on perfecting his technique over the past few years, and has even discovered how putting Beef Tallow into the wrap really added to the depth of flavor.
This is his latest Brisket "How To". Keep in mind, this is with an offset, but he'll walk you through a lot of the "principles" that will apply no matter WHAT the smoker is.

Ya don't need to obsess over a meat thermometer's "reading"...cuz the pros will use it for a completely different purpose. And, that is, the FEEL of the probe going into the meat. It'll insert and withdraw like butter without any friction once it is done.

I have a feeling, though, ya might be getting that slab to dried out by not protecting it...a real problem with some pellet grills...especially the smaller ones.

For the "Pictures or it didn't happen" crowd...

Brisket 2020_05-2-200524.jpg

But...darnnit! It's been too long, and now I've gotta hankerin to throw one one the grill ASAP!

For the "Pictures or it didn't happen" crowd...

View attachment 23947

But...darnnit! It's been too long, and now I've gotta hankerin to throw one one the grill ASAP!
Oh my god!! You folks are just plain mean!!! We had planned wintering in Texas again this season but it looks like we won't be able to! (Mother in law has cancer and we need to stick around.) And you folks torment me with pics of mouth watering, finger licking BBQ!! I'd even settle for Neil's burned offerings right now!! :) Just so you know, here in Canada, a BBQ usually just means burgers on a grill and the last decent BBQ we had was just outside of Dallas at Sullivan's well over a year ago. STOP!! :)

Darrell

Sheridan, well, Sheridan lives in Kalyfornia so what does he know about a brisket? He probably will want to stuff it with Alfalfa sprouts or an even worse.
Tofu brisket is delicious.

I am curious if you have used this as just a grill - where you satisfied?
I've satisfactorily grilled fish, steak, and chicken. I can't stress enough that you have to monitor the food temperature closely unless you like well done.

Latest resources

Back