Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Location of Spartan integrated TPMS antenna?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MarkMaxPayne

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
36'
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
Fiat 500 Turbo
Fulltimer
No
I have yet to get Spartan's TPMS display to work properly on my 2023 Newmar New Aire Spartan K2 chassis for my TOAD vehicle. I purchased the Spartan TOAD TPMS wheel sensors (through the dealer), had them installed (through Les Schwab as the dealer didn't deal with TOAD tires), configured the Spartan TPMS settings to tell it that I have a TOAD vehicle and the serial numbers of my sensors on my TOAD vehicle, and...it can never find the sensors. It also sometimes loses connection with the rear tires on the passenger side.

I have seen other threads mention that the placement of the Spartan TOAD antenna used by the TPMS may be at issue and that some have even had 2nd antennas installed even to read the rig's tires properly let alone those on the TOAD vehicle. That said both my dealer and local Spartan service centers (Portland, OR area) haven't really been helpful (both--we don't do TOAD tires).

If anybody does have this working, I'd love to know. Also, anybody know where I can find the TPMS antenna Spartan / Newmar did install? I assume it is between the frame rails in one of the bays, but don't feel like removing panels between the frame rails in the basement to go hunting...

Best,
-Mark

The antenna is located under the chassis towards the back of the coach between the frame rails. On my 4369 there are actually two one up front and one back of the rear axles.
I still have issues with various sensors randomly dropping offline for periods of time, which is why I never installed sensors on the toad and use TST TPMS

Thinking about stopping at their homebase in mich. this fall. The outside drive wheels are dropping off line. Thinking it must need a signal booster or something.

Dang....All these "hi-Tech" systems on these Coaches seem to create many issues for the owners! To me, that's sad! Newmar & any other manufacturer that installs these "doo-dads" should insure that they work, so you folks don't have to experience the frustration, etc!
Fortunately or unfortunately, My Canyon Star doesn't have a lot of this "hi-Tech" stuff!
I do have a TST 507 TPMS system that I am totally happy with, and it works so well, I do not even have to have a booster antenna installed, for it to receive signals from the duals, and the toad.
As a suggestion, & maybe to end some of the frustration, you might look at a "TST System", and forego the factory installed system!
Technology is wonderful when it works properly, but too frustrating for me! Re: KISS formula!;)

At times I do miss the "simplicity" of the Canyon Star. Many more manual systems that just worked as intended.

Friend of mine with a 23 London Aire was having problems. He moved the antenna that was over rear axle/between frame forward to the front rear axle, and angled it a little differently than installed. Said working fine. Sparton was scratching their heads at the problem.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back