• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI New Kickstand Starlink arrives

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well here is an update that has surprised me. Have not touched the satellite receiver yet the obstructions have somehow been reduced?? Not exactly sure what Starlink has done to work around obstructions but stronger signals for sure.

View attachment 23851
Yup solar activity! Tell us how it is tonight.

Moved the receiver to the rear of the RV. And aligned it as recommended. Much happier.

IMG_1483.png
IMG_1482.pngIMG_1484.png

I am always interested in Starlink users experiences and upload/download speed results. As I have mentioned previously, I have the High-Performance/In-Motion Starlink antenna system which is mounted on the roof of my Ventana. I am using a Cradlepoint R1900 5G Cat 20 router, with an AT&T SIM in one of the slots, as a back up 5G data connection with a Panorama MiMo 5G antenna roof mounted. The direction my Starlink antenna is positioned is based on the direction my coach is facing. Currently here in New Mexico I am facing South and I am getting my typical speeds regardless which direction my antenna is facing. I spent the Winter in Arizona, facing South, in what I would describe as a Starlink antenna farm and I most usually experienced download speeds of 200-400 Mbps.

I did this speed test this morning.

i-mPDmm6p-X2.png

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back