Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Priority service from associated dealers?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

gfmucci

RVF Regular
IF a potential purchaser of an RV considers buying from a big multi-location dealer (like General, Lazy Days, Campers Inn, Campers World), is his ability to get priority service from a dealer in that chain OTHER THAN the dealer he purchased from a worthwhile or legitimate reason to do so?

Is that a legitimate perk of a big chain dealer? Or do other dealers in a particular chain not feel obligated to provide priority service if not purchased directly from them?

It would be a comfort to a purchaser who roams around the part of the country where dealership service centers are sprinkled around. But if priority service by such dealers is a myth or pipe dream, such expectation would not serve as any justification for purchase from a large chain.

Would not count on it from a mega dealer.

We purchased our coach used from Midway RV in Grand Rapids, Mi in spring of 2021. This was our second coach from them. At the end of the summer, I called to make an appointment for some service. They were booked until January 2022 (no surprise as everyone was booking that or longer out). However, they said if I could drop it off, they could work it in. That was not practical at that time as we had a late fall trip planed and informed them of the time frame.

Shortly after getting home from that trip, I get a call from Midway. If I could get it to them on Friday (day after Thanksgiving), they could work it in around a calculation.

Sometimes small dealerships that you cultivate a relationship with can be very responsive.

We had a couple at our winter park in Florida that bought a new coach from one of those large chains.

They could not get in for warranty work for quite a while. They called another dealership in FL, that they did not buy from, and had the work all done a week later.

Even with the large chains it may not be that quick of a turnaround. Another couple we know sat at one of those places for a few months waiting to get work completed.

I would look more at how the brand of RV being considered works with dealerships, mobile service techs, etc to keep you on the road rather than the dealership.

Just my $.02.

I would look more at how the brand of RV being considered works with dealerships, mobile service techs, etc to keep you on the road rather than the dealership.
How does one determine how brands work with dealerships? Do we speak with the GM of a particular dealership, or a dealer representative of a particular manufacturer? Or brand owners? All of the above?

I'm suspecting it's as much a crap shoot as it is anything the buyer can nail down.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back