Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

rwm

RVF Newbee
Good day everyone, this is my first post.
My father recently passed, and they purchased a Thor Ace 29-2 last spring. They only used it a couple times last summer, and now my mom feels it is too large for her. She wants to know the best way to sell it. They paid way too much for it as I think the dealer saw them coming. She would be interested in trading for a campervan, or just outright sell it. The vehicle is in Alberta, and she is concerned she will not even get back half what they paid for it in the local market. Are there better places to sell it? What would a good price be for it? It has low milage, and the v10 gas engine runs like a top. It is very clean in and out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Good morning,
First of all, sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is never easy.
As for the Class C, what model year is it? We can help you get a value if that would help.
Thank you,
Ken

NADA shows a Used Retail at $25,150. A dealer would probably want to be between $18,000 and $19,000. These numbers are including all standard equipment.
Let me know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

Ok, thanks. That's quite a bit lower than some of the listings I've seen in both Canada and the US.

It may be in your (and her) best interest to seek out and find a reputable RV dealer. Explain the situation, including her interest in a smaller, more suitable RV.
While a lot of sales people are heartless, not all are. I doubt that you will have too much difficulty finding a local RV dealer and sales associate that will take care of you.
Stay away from chain dealers, such as Camping World…

Latest resources

Back