Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29 MV rear camera issues.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Smk52

RVF Regular
I have started getting "no rear camera detected" on our 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29mv. Any suggestions on trouble shooting this?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

There should be a box under the dash somewhere where the cameras plugin. Try switching the order of the connections. That is, disconnect one lead and see which camera goes out. Put it back then try another. Once you determine which wire goes yo which camera, swap a working side camera lead with the rear and see if it is detected. If it is the box needs to be replaced. If not the camera likely needs to be replaced.

Thanks, do you know where under the dash this is likely to be. Would it be hidden behind a panel or in clear sight?

Thanks again for you quick response.

Steve

On my Forrester, one had to pop out the section of the dashboard under the steering wheel. You may want to get under there with a flashlight to see if you can see it before tearing things apart.

Even better, call Jayco and ask where it is.

On my Forrester, one had to pop out the section of the dashboard under the steering wheel. You may want to get under there with a flashlight to see if you can see it before tearing things apart.

Even better, call Jayco and ask where it is.
Thanks,
I removed the panel and found a box with 4 wires going in and 1 coming out. The wires were permanently attached. I found 3 connectors away from the box, which were labeled CA1, CA2 and CA3. These went to the 3 cameras as when I disconnected one at a time the associated camera would cause the screen to return to the main screen on the Garmin with no specific notification. Apparently it knew there was no camera. The other thing, all the time I was troubleshooting the rear camera was working except when I unplugged its connection. If I hit the camera button on the Garmin when the coach is not running and not in the ACC mode, I get the same message (no rear camera detected) that I saw the other day when I was backing up but if the coach is running or in the ACC mode and I disconnect CA1 the screen just goes back to the main screen with no message. Sounds like there is possibly an issue at times with power to the camera. Do you know where and how power is supplied?

Thanks,
Steve

I beleuve power is supplied by the cable from the box. On mine there was no other cable running to the camera.

Have you tried switching the Ca1and CA2 wires to see if the rear camera behaves normally?

I beleuve power is supplied by the cable from the box. On mine there was no other cable running to the camera.

Have you tried switching the Ca1and CA2 wires to see if the rear camera behaves normally?
Thanks,
The RV is in storage at the moment and I've played with all three cameras multiple times for a couple of days and I can't duplicate the problem. The next trip I will see what happens, hopefully it was just a fluke. If not, switching between one of the other connections sounds like a good idea. You mention the box again, as I stated earlier the box I found had 4 leads going in and 1 coming out all of which appeared to be permanent connections. Is that the box you are referring to?

Yes CA1, CA2,etc

Latest resources

Back