Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Nittro22

RVF Newbee
I just purchased my first grand design and liking for advice on a hitch. Someone offered a Camco R3. Is this good or should I look elsewhere?

Since you tagged this with weight distribution hitch, I assume you're talking about a travel trailer. Check out Equal-i-zer, Fastway E2 or Curt Tru-Track. Make sure you get one with trunnion bars (not chains) for added stability and anti sway.

We had a Recurve 6 system when we had a TT and it was great. The R3 I am not familiar with but Camco is a good system.

We went with the CURT Tru Track 4P 8K WDH. Square bars, no chains.

I use a harbor freight tools special. A copy of, or who knows, the Curtis hitch. Yes chains. Sway bar? No! With my ?4800?lbs cargo trailer. (Last run on the scale, 2200 is curb weight).

Sway control is a feel good item!!! If you have Sway, stop and reload, paying more attention to tongue weight! Only two of the many trailers I have owned swayed. Both had a Sway bar added to try and fix the problem that was only cured by proper loading. I sold the Sway bars as soon as the problem was fixed, and had no further problems.

My opinion is do what makes you feel good!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back