• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Danger Don

RVF Newbee
Howdy All!

I currently have an Energizer ENK3000 power inverter.
I am living off the grid, in my RV full time.
My inverter is wired into the coach chassis, and runs off a LiPo battery, solar charged.

Recently, running high pull appliances, the display on my inverter has been showing WAY too high a draw. For example:
Microwave which normally only pulls about 1400 watts, has been pulling 2200.
HWH, 1400 is now up to close to 1800.
Fridge, normally less than 300, has been around 700.
In short, about 35% more than normal.
The LCD used to read about the same as the solar generator.
And, the battery seems to be discharging at a higher rate when the inverter is on. Actually with more sun now, that should be the opposite of the case.

I tested it against my solar generator plug into shore power (which I know is accurate), and I am getting what each appliance is supposed to draw according to the manufacture (slightly higher because of resistance).

I contacted Engerzier Power, and after a serious of emails and tests, they said it was the display, and variance should be expected. BS! A 35% variance is not acceptable for anything but hand grenades and horse shoes.

Anyway, the inverter was turned off, the negative was disconnected from the battery, and turned back on for a few minutes without the negative cable hooked up. Hooked the cable cable up, turned on the inverter, and tested it with a load. Same thing.

Any help here would be great.

Donnie

Do you have a clamp meter or other method to independently measure the current draw without using that display?

Latest resources

Back