Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
450hp
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
Yes
Hello RVforums members. We are new to the group. Thanks to Jim at Deer Springs for the suggestion. Yes you read that right, we are one month into our full time journey. The plan is 3 years because we want to see our entire beautiful country and a good part of Canada. Lived in Sarasota FL for the past 20 years, but we recently sold it all: house, boat, jetski, motorcycle and my truck. It was hard to swallow, but we knew it was the right thing to do. My parents both passed three years ago from Covid. Their passing made us evaluate our priorities and plan our future. We decided on experiences over things so we sold all the things and jumped off the cliff in search of adventure and experiences. We will log over 14,000 miles this year from FL, NC, MA, ME, NY, OH, MT, Banff, Jasper, Alaska, WA, OR, and finally to the southernmost desert in CA for winter. We are doing as many adventures and excursions as we can along the way (hiking, ziplining, fishing, boating, hot air balloons, etc..). Our goal is to experience each area, not just visit so we are staying a week or so at most destinations. Deer Springs (Jim) near Franklin NC was our second stop. We had a fabulous week at Deer Springs and in the area doing numerous hikes and riding the national forest service roads. Loved it. We then spent a week at the Great Smoky Nat'l Park and now this past week in the Blowing Rock, Boone, Linville Falls area where we explored the Linville caverns, numerous hikes, and ziplining. The DW was a little nervous at first but she nailed it. Eleven cable lines. It was a a blast. All I can say is why didn't I retire earlier??? Looking forward to the support and interaction with the group. This is our third RV but our first large motorhome so I am sure we will have questions for the group. Hope to see you on the road. Craig, Carole and Daisy
10007.jpg
20240516_100828.jpg
20240504_152632.jpg
20240507_193249.jpg

Hello RVforums members. We are new to the group. Thanks to Jim at Deer Springs for the suggestion. Yes you read that right, we are one month into our full time journey. The plan is 3 years because we want to see our entire beautiful country and a good part of Canada. Lived in Sarasota FL for the past 20 years, but we recently sold it all: house, boat, jetski, motorcycle and my truck. It was hard to swallow, but we knew it was the right thing to do. My parents both passed three years ago from Covid. Their passing made us evaluate our priorities and plan our future. We decided on experiences over things so we sold all the things and jumped off the cliff in search of adventure and experiences. We will log over 14,000 miles this year from FL, NC, MA, ME, NY, OH, MT, Banff, Jasper, Alaska, WA, OR, and finally to the southernmost desert in CA for winter. We are doing as many adventures and excursions as we can along the way (hiking, ziplining, fishing, boating, hot air balloons, etc..). Our goal is to experience each area, not just visit so we are staying a week or so at most destinations. Deer Springs (Jim) near Franklin NC was our second stop. We had a fabulous week at Deer Springs and in the area doing numerous hikes and riding the national forest service roads. Loved it. We then spent a week at the Great Smoky Nat'l Park and now this past week in the Blowing Rock, Boone, Linville Falls area where we explored the Linville caverns, numerous hikes, and ziplining. The DW was a little nervous at first but she nailed it. Eleven cable lines. It was a a blast. All I can say is why didn't I retire earlier??? Looking forward to the support and interaction with the group. This is our third RV but our first large motorhome so I am sure we will have questions for the group. Hope to see you on the road. Craig, Carole and DaisyView attachment 23961View attachment 23962View attachment 23963View attachment 23964
You go!!! We decided to do the same but we are now over six years traveling full time. Our continent is huge and there is so much to see and do. We have been to all but 3 of the lower 48 and all but 1 Canadian Province. We did a couple of stints into Mexico as well.

If you have any questions or concerns about the Western Provinces don't hesitate to ask. The Banff area is our home territory.

I'm sure you are going to enjoy the lifestyle. Wintering in the California/Arizona deserts is great but we also like Texas and Louisiana.

Welcome aboard.

Darrell

Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.

We retired at the end of 22, 4 days after picking up our new Superstar.

Sold the house and everything else last year while in Ohio.

No plan to come off the road for quite a while. Too much to see and do while wandering around the country.

Welcome. It sounds like you started a wonderful journey. We love that area in North Carolina. Honeymooned in Boone NC over 45 yrs ago. I hope you got to eat at Daniel Boones Restaurant.

Welcome! Great to have you with us. I'm sorry to hear about your parents and I'm glad you're taking the right steps to live your lives, it's not going to wait for us. You've discovered an amazing dream and I hope you enjoy the journey. Welcome aboard.

Howdy and welcome from Texas! Keep us posted on your adventures.

Welcome to the group. Fulltime RVng isn’t for everyone but sound like you will do just fine. At the end of summer we will have completed all 49 states you can drive to and 2 trips to Alaska. Still enjoying, you may want to extend your 3 year plan😀

Keep us posted on your journey, especially with pictures.

Hi Craig, glad you joined the group. Looking forward to following your adventures!

Welcome to the group. Fulltime RVng isn’t for everyone but sound like you will do just fine. At the end of summer we will have completed all 49 states you can drive to and 2 trips to Alaska. Still enjoying, you may want to extend your 3 year plan😀

Keep us posted on your journey, especially with picture
You go!!! We decided to do the same but we are now over six years traveling full time. Our continent is huge and there is so much to see and do. We have been to all but 3 of the lower 48 and all but 1 Canadian Province. We did a couple of stints into Mexico as well.

If you have any questions or concerns about the Western Provinces don't hesitate to ask. The Banff area is our home territory.

I'm sure you are going to enjoy the lifestyle. Wintering in the California/Arizona deserts is great but we also like Texas and Louisiana.

Welcome aboard.

Darrell
May take you up on the Western Provinces advice. First time going there. Banff and Jasper in July, then back to Jasper in late Sept. Hoping for no snow at that time. Also hoping to get into Lake Louise in late Sept when they switch to a first come first serve policy. Been wanting to go to that region for 43 years. Thanks

Welcome. It sounds like you started a wonderful journey. We love that area in North Carolina. Honeymooned in Boone NC over 45 yrs ago. I hope you got to eat at Daniel Boones Restaurant.

Latest resources

Back