Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Vinny

RVF Newbee
We just pulled our 2021 Grand Design out of storage here in Fl. Due to restrictions the rig has been in storage for 2 seasons. When prepping for our trip we discovered the fabric on one of the theater recliners has pulled apart from the heat. When I factor in our previous trips it is less than 4 months of actual use. We have contacted via email and manufacturer web sites, Lipper and Thomas Payne. No one has responded. Anyone have any advice?

We just pulled our 2021 Grand Design out of storage here in Fl. Due to restrictions the rig has been in storage for 2 seasons. When prepping for our trip we discovered the fabric on one of the theater recliners has pulled apart from the heat. When I factor in our previous trips it is less than 4 months of actual use. We have contacted via email and manufacturer web sites, Lipper and Thomas Payne. No one has responded. Anyone have any advice?
I don't know how to help you, but I find this interesting because I was just looking at installing theater seats, and try to avoid brands with no product support.
Just curious: did you contact the dealer that you bought the RV from? Did you try a phone call to the manufacturer? I'm wondering if those two things have been tried and didn't help.

From our experience I would stay away from RecPro seating if you decide to replace.

We replaced a sofa with their recliners and center console. Three years of minimal use the backs started peeling. After that the seat portion did the same.

Contacted them and outside the one year warranty, even after admitting they knew they had problems with the material. Buy new ones was the only option. We did not do that.

From our experience I would stay away from RecPro seating if you decide to replace.

We replaced a sofa with their recliners and center console. Three years of minimal use the backs started peeling. After that the seat portion did the same.

Contacted them and outside the one year warranty, even after admitting they knew they had problems with the material. Buy new ones was the only option. We did not do that.
Sounds like 'spray-on' leather.

Obviously like most things RV they put cheaper things in them. I would look to a residential option for longevity.

There has been a problem in RV’s for years. Bauer in Iowa can reupolster it, or send you the material to have it done locally.

Depending on the cost, you may just replace it. I bought a goid one some years ago from Bradd and Hall in Elkhart, In.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back