• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your NEWMAR today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Looking forward to our visit at Angel Fire in July!! Great pics.

I don't know if you have been here before, this is my second time, but the fuel situation was a bit frustrating for me yesterday. I wanted to top off, which is my normal routine, before getting parked at a resort. I pulled into the Valero station in Eagle Nest, which is a bit tight towing a Jeep. I went in and asked if I could prepay a dollar amount for diesel and was told no... You pay at the pump. What the attendant didn't tell me is, that you are limited to a $75.00 transaction and you can only do 2 transactions. Well, that didn't top me off... not to mention the pumps are painfully slow. I thought I was going to have a birthday waiting on the diesel pumping.

When I got to Angel Fire RV Resort I made mention of this. Being a small town, they called the owner at the other Valero gas station in Angel Fire and mentioned this. He said that I should have been able to prepay a dollar amount. Evidently the attendant in Eagles Nest didn't get the memo. I would recommend, if you want to top off, going to the Valero in Angel Fire. A much easier in and out.

After a good night's sleep my doorbell rang promptly at 9:00 AM and my waffles arrived. They deliver waffles Friday-Sunday if you were not aware.

These are not Eggos... These are the real deal!!! I am here for a month... I best get back onto my exercise routine... :ROFLMAO:

IMG_4878-X3.jpg

Last edited:
After a good night's sleep my doorbell rang promptly at 9:00 AM and my waffles arrived. They deliver waffles Friday-Sunday if you were not aware.

These are not Eggos... These are the real deal!!! I am here for a month... I best get back onto my exercise routine... :ROFLMAO:
Now, that is the “good life”.

Had to go back to NIRVC but this time the one in Manassas, Va. This place went thru a complete overhaul of employees and let me tell you, this group now knows how to rock it. Finally fixed our issues and we very informative and professional the entire time
IMG_1524.jpeg

So we finally got to Deer Creek RV Park in Galax, Va. Very pretty park off the beaten path but worth it. In the Blue Ridge Mountains. Lots of space between each site. The sites are owned by others and landscaped very nicely.
IMG_1525.jpeg
IMG_1526.jpeg
IMG_1527.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_5474.jpeg
IMG_5478.jpeg
IMG_5477.jpeg
IMG_5475.jpeg
Buffalo Ridge Rv Campground Custer, South Dakota.
This is a fairly new resort near Mt Rushmore & Custer State Park. Really a beautiful area. Beautiful view from our space (509).

So we finally got to Deer Creek RV Park in Galax, Va. Very pretty park off the beaten path but worth it. In the Blue Ridge Mountains. Lots of space between each site. The sites are owned by others and landscaped very nicely. View attachment 23894View attachment 23895View attachment 23901
David, looks like I missed you by one day. We own Lot 9. I arrived this past Sunday to de-winterize the property and left Tuesday morning. There is a lot to do in the area. I believe there is an Open House tonight in the newly built amenity center. Connie Cinnamon is the hostess she is in lot 58 just up the street from you. Feel free to look around at the various lots that are not occupied. I believe Deborah and Mark were your Ambassadors. Reach out to them is you have any questions. Enjoy your stay and hope the rain lets up.
Paul

David, looks like I missed you by one day. We own Lot 9. I arrived this past Sunday to de-winterize the property and left Tuesday morning. There is a lot to do in the area. I believe there is an Open House tonight in the newly built amenity center. Connie Cinnamon is the hostess she is in lot 58 just up the street from you. Feel free to look around at the various lots that are not occupied. I believe Deborah and Mark were your Ambassadors. Reach out to them is you have any questions. Enjoy your stay and hope the rain lets up.
Paul
Paul sorry we missed each other. We are staying in lot #8 right next to yours. How funny. We are going to the happy hour tonight to meet the people here. Safe travels Paul.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back