Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
Yowser, it is hot…and is forecast to get even hotter! We’re in normally temperate Junction City, Oregon, for the next few days for service work on the coach (including getting the third AC working again). It is currently 93 degrees with tomorrow’s high temp forecast at 100 and Sunday’s at 106. Yikes!!! Monday is supposed to “cool off” to 95 and Tuesday to a chilly 89. If the forecast temps for now through the 4th of July actually reach the predicted levels, they will all be record-breakers for June and July.

Now, I’m no climate scientist, and I’m certainly not a politician, but something is changing the weather pretty dramatically. Maybe it is the politicians and all their hot air after all! Hmmmmm. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

TJ

A week ago, I was visiting a friend in Sedona, AZ for three weeks. Man, I expected AZ to be hot in June but opening the door was literally like opening a 500 degree oven in every sense of the word. Amazingly, these three ACs managed it really well and worked nonstop that entire three weeks, keeping the inside of the coach at 76. Warmer than we normally like it but very livable compared to the 100-110 degrees we were seeing outside in the afternoon.

Sedona is a jaw dropping gorgeous place to visit and tons of good eats there. Reminded me a bit of Salt Lake City in the sense that no matter where you go, there is an amazing view from every point.

I do not advise going to AZ in the summer though. It. Is. HAWT.

speaking of hot ? do you guys travel with your generator on and running the air conditioners ? Going north manana and will be going through 105 + for a few hours and the dash AC just doesn't cut it. Although I can handle "HOT" my wife can't. Just asking...I have never needed to nor tried, so I'm asking. Does the generator run OK while bouncing around on the road ? Thanks for any ideas. Blessings

Absolutely. The generator doesn’t use much fuel at all in the grand scheme of things. No reason to be miserable for hours on end when the flip of a switch can prevent that and do hardly any damage to your fuel bill

I agree ... we always run the generator and roof AC's like the folks said above.

FLSteve

We are in Traverse Bay RV Resort in Michigan for a month, and it is nice and cool. Had mornings of 45F. During the day is in the 70’s. Maybe we’ll stay here for a while ?

speaking of hot ? do you guys travel with your generator on and running the air conditioners ? Going north manana and will be going through 105 + for a few hours and the dash AC just doesn't cut it. Although I can handle "HOT" my wife can't. Just asking...I have never needed to nor tried, so I'm asking. Does the generator run OK while bouncing around on the road ? Thanks for any ideas. Blessings
When we had our Newmar 4369 we certainly ran the gen and air when it was hot. Now even with the fiver I plan on starting the generator about an hour before reaching our daily destination so I can get those airs running.

We are in Traverse Bay RV Resort in Michigan for a month, and it is nice and cool. Had mornings of 45F. During the day is in the 70’s. Maybe we’ll stay here for a while ?
You really know how to hurt a guy! ;)

TJ

Latest resources

Back