• Commercial/Vendors welcome

10,000lb Towing Capacity?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The tag increases cargo capacity and tongue weight at least on Freightliner and Spartan the transmission model is what changes tow capacity.
Are there any older diesel RVs with little to no electronics, and manual transmissions?

Older
;
Yes little electronics compared to today
No manual transmission that I’m aware of

Older
;
Yes little electronics compared to today
No manual transmission that I’m aware of
OK thanks.
Seems like the older less electronics is a plus, and the older auto transmissions are a minus.
I will have to do research.

I may just have to go for a regular Class C and swap what I am driving from storage for now. Seems like my options for the ideal setup are gonna run much more than I can afford right now, so I may have to just work up to it.

Big pickup truck (like an F-450 or -550) carrying a slide in truck camper can tow. It depends on the truck that you get and the wet weight of the slide in camper.

Yeah. thing is, I want to keep my FJC and HJ45. I will tow them.

I'm gonna pivot back to a used travel trailer for now: tow it with the FJC. Elliminates having to store anything (HJ will be at mechanic) and also low payments, or I can just buy it cash. SInce pulling away from the 9-5 and doing murals as well as writing/illustrating is my goal, this is better than a Class C or other more expensive oiption until I get more income.

Might want to look into a thread about Michelin vs. Toyo posted not to long ago!

Consider price differences based on axle configuration amongst the posters. It is quite telling!

I think you're over complicating things!

Might want to look into a thread about Michelin vs. Toyo posted not to long ago!

Consider price differences based on axle configuration amongst the posters. It is quite telling!

I think you're over complicating things!
Here's the thing: I am in a situation of deciding between staying at a paying job, with good insurance, or freelancing. The paying job offers "stability", which can be another name for enslavement, and, I am not able to do what I am good at, and, it's sucking the life out of me.

I am therefor going to pursue restarting my mural/prop business.

So I am indeed overthinking things due to some anxiety, I guess.
But I have pulled back and realized that, for now, I have three options:

1. Stay at the current job and waste the rest of whatever life I have left.
2. Leave the current job and get a Class C, which will require higher payments, which will require same job or another 9-5, which defeats the purpose of leaving this job and will hinder starting my business.
3. Leave the current job and get a used travel trailer. The lower payments will let me eliminate that debt much quicker. I can then work almost anywhere and have a place to live with my dogs. Should things god well, God willing, I can then upgrade to a Class C or Super C, and be fine.

I will check out your suggestion.
And thanks for the input from everyone-I very much appreciate the comments and reality checks!!!
And I will appreciate all further input as well!

If I can add one thing as you mentioned it, definitely price private Healthcare as part of your planning. I was completely shocked.
Is a hybrid work 9 to 5 M-F and get the other business started on the weekends and maybe time off?

If I can add one thing as you mentioned it, definitely price private Healthcare as part of your planning. I was completely shocked.
Is a hybrid work 9 to 5 M-F and get the other business started on the weekends and maybe time off?
Good point. Maybe I can get that lovely "Obimbus-Care" or whatever it's called now. I think the whole private healthcare thing is designed to keep people slaving away.

Good point. Maybe I can get that lovely "Obimbus-Care" or whatever it's called now. I think the whole private healthcare thing is designed to keep people slaving away.
Get with a good broker to help navigate the healthcare path.

We found a good one and helped us find what we needed as well as some other supplemental plans just in case.

I think he does nationwide if you want I can send his contact info (not affiliated with etc just a good guy that knows his stuff)

Latest resources

Back