Baystar 3401
RV Length
Chassis
Ford 22,000# chassis
Engine
Ford F-53
TOW/TOAD
TBD
I have a Newmar Baystar 3401 with basement storage height limited to 27". Does anyone have a recommendation on a reliable 12V/120V compressor freezer 40-70 liters (1.4-2.5 CF). The reviews on all vary by site. I'm ideally looking for a good unit that with proper care will give solid continuous service for 8-15 years.. I appreciate your thoughts.

I have a Newmar Baystar 3401 with basement storage height limited to 27". Does anyone have a recommendation on a reliable 12V/120V compressor freezer 40-70 liters (1.4-2.5 CF). The reviews on all vary by site. I'm ideally looking for a good unit that with proper care will give solid continuous service for 8-15 years.. I appreciate your thoughts.
If it's plastic life expectancy can go all over the map. I have replaced some in just a couple years. Marine users don't want to be on a voyage and loose their provisions.

If it's plastic life expectancy can go all over the map. I have replaced some in just a couple years. Marine users don't want to be on a voyage and loose their provisions.

Thank you. Have you had experience with the Indel B?

Just know what some people I know say about them, and plastic to me is a stupid idea.

the one Kevin posted is bigger.

I have had this one for 2 years with no issues, I was using it in my SUV, connected to the cig lighter when driving and on it's own battery when the car was off, battery lasts about 14 hours with the unit set to zero degrees.

Amazon product ASIN B0BRKVQ3Y6
it is now in the basement of my travel trailer and used to keep my farmersdog.com food frozen as well as ice for my beverages.

We have a Dometic CFX50W originally intended to use in my Jeep when off-roading. When I did my pre-purchase research, I found a very comprehensive side by side comparison. Dometic models were the best choice based on construction, compressor, 12V efficiency and solar friendly among many other attributes. Now, several years later, I think Dometic fridge/freezers are still one of the best choices. I can run the Dometic on my 1000W Goal Zero Yeti for about 8 days! ARB is another highly rated brand.

I had only 19 inches of vertical space in my basement opening. Here is what I did. I managed to squeeze a 100 quart freezer in there and more often than not, it is full. Is is worth going bigger if you can.

I had only 19 inches of vertical space in my basement opening. Here is what I did. I managed to squeeze a 100 quart freezer in there and more often than not, it is full. Is is worth going bigger if you can.
Would you mind sharing which 100 qt freezer you use? thanks!

Latest resources

Back