• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Andrew Steele video

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've basically quit watching RV content on YT. Mostly, they are click bait, infomercials, or product review vids that don't tell me anything I more than I can find on the product website.
Agree ^^^^

I have become much more selective in selecting videos - when a video has a title like the above, it is sensational. I don’t bother to watch.

Based on the responses above, sounds like fuel tanks were reduced from 200 to 165 gallons. Assuming 7 mpg and only 75% usable, that is still close to 900 mile driving range. For most users that is a full up every couple/few days.

In our 45’ SuperC we “only” hold 120 gallons and we drive up to 9 or 10 hours on a long day. We won’t fall below 3/8 of a tank and will fill up once a day at a stop that has good pricing.

Don’t see this downsizing of tanks as a real determent to buyers. Other opinions?

Agree ^^^^

I have become much more selective in selecting videos - when a video has a title like the above, it is sensational. I don’t bother to watch.

Based on the responses above, sounds like fuel tanks were reduced from 200 to 165 gallons. Assuming 7 mpg and only 75% usable, that is still close to 900 mile driving range. For most users that is a full up every couple/few days.

In our 45’ SuperC we “only” hold 120 gallons and we drive up to 9 or 10 hours on a long day. We won’t fall below 3/8 of a tank and will fill up once a day at a stop that has good pricing.

Don’t see this downsizing of tanks as a real determent to buyers. Other opinions?
Personally, that wouldn’t matter to us either.

Our Superstar only has 90 usable and we are over 8 mpg so around 700 miles. More than enough for a days traveling. Normally fill at the start of each traveling day and as close as we can when stopping for a while.

From my observation, personal opinion, word from a peon...most coaches in this price point don't seem to really move, travel, or explore much. They seem to go to owner resorts and hang out for a season. Maybe travel to another seasonal location and hang out for that season.

From my observation, personal opinion, word from a peon...most coaches in this price point don't seem to really move, travel, or explore much. They seem to go to owner resorts and hang out for a season. Maybe travel to another seasonal location and hang out for that season.
Agreed! Only reason I used my capacity when I had a MH, was to avoid buying fuel in states that over tax fuel. You know! California, Kansas, and such! I would also avoid fuel purchases in states I had to go through that I was boycotting due to government policies like rest stop policies.

Let me add...there's nothing wrong with that, it's just a different use desire. When I looked at buying a site at Pelican Lakes in 2017/2018 I realized it wasn't the time for me, I do not want to be tied down and should be exploring all the great things to see in the country and Canada, etc. I started RVing only in 2017 so I still have a lot to explore. Many around here have been RVing 30+ years and have been there done that and don't want to keep burning diesel but love the RV life. I certainly would love to hang out for several months at some location, enjoy pickleball, have my plane there, etc. and we'll see if/when that time comes. So again, we all use RV's differently but those price points even for a house are not in my lifestyle, never have been and never will be. It is not my comfort zone.

When I saw his video this weekend my first reaction was "Who are these Newmar owners who are complaining about this and where are they airing such an epic reaction to this?" I mean, I'm on a couple Newmar owner forums and we gripe about anything and everything at times <grin>, but I don't recall this being a "hot topic."

Best,
-Mark

I think the price point is a much greater concern than 35 gallons less fuel. At the rate its increasing, the KA should be over the 2 million mark in the next year or two. Crazy.

I remember when KADP was just at $1MM not that long ago and is now at $1.6MM. They only added lithium 2-3 years ago as a substantial change, which does not cost that much to justify the price increase. So, what is up with these price increases, and what is the owner getting for it?

Round Figures (MSRP) for the luxury lineup:

King Air, $1,600,000
Essex, $1,000,000
London Aire, $900,000
Mountain Aire, $800,000
New Aire, $600,000

Looking at the features and specs, I sure can't see what accounts for the $600K jump at the top!
However, looking at the Apprx NCC, the Essex beats the KA by 2000 to 3000 lbs, )depending on model) so the KA is either carrying gold bricks or there is some construction details or features making that difference!

When a RV mfg is offering products in the seven digit range, the pool of potential customers is very small.
From what I’ve observed over the years these are primarily people that work on the road. Actors, entertainment, promoters and very high net worth business folks.
The Vantana, DutchStar, KountryStar are more aimed at the DP leisure travelers.
Even these are becoming out of reach for many.
Also as a public company now, this adds many layers of expense and inefficiency.

Latest resources

Back