Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Black tank reading depends on storage bay temperature?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

MarkMaxPayne

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3543
RV Length
36'
Chassis
Spartan
TOW/TOAD
Fiat 500 Turbo
Fulltimer
No
I'm pretty religious about flushing out my blank tank after each trip. That said, I've noticed over this winter that my black tank seems to have 2 readings: 0% when the bay temperature is below about 54 degrees and 100% full when the bay temp is above 55 degrees. SilverLeaf folks suggested there may be a short in the sensor wire somewhere given it is a pressure sensor. Anybody else experienced this type of issue? I'm taking the rig to the dealer in a couple of weeks and they are going to dewinterize it (along with other things that need to be done for yearly service and the month before my warranty runs out), but thought I'd check in with the collective here to perhaps gain some insights.

Best,
-Mark

Given that it’s a pressure sensor relative to the ambient pressure, I don’t think the bay temperature is the issue. There is a Silverleaf document on troubleshooting the tanks sensors. Did they provide that to you? It’s online and I can find it if needed. I’ve replaced my black sensor. They’re available for about $50 online. Again, if you need the info I can did it up for a different post.

They didn't. On the call they listened to the symptoms and suggested perhaps a wire was nicked/shorting on ground. That said we were working on a bunch of other things as well with the LR125 module before that so perhaps I had overstayed my welcome on that particular call.

Best,
-Mark

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back