Coachman
RV Model
Spirit of America
RV Length
27'
Fulltimer
No
Hi,
I recently purchased an '86 Winnebago which has some exterior fiberglass yellowing. I'm assuming the original color of the entire exterior was white. I've been investigating\researching methods and products that can restore the exterior color of the fiberglass back to original color. I've read a plethora of articles but none seem to be able to fully restore the original finish. Is this correct, that I am left to settle for the faded coloration? Has anyone had any success with any type of a method and\or product that can make an older RV look newer? Otherwise my thoughts are down the line to potentially "wrap" the RV (if I keep it that long without buying a newer one) vs. painting because it appears painting is much more expensive than wrapping. What have your experiences been? Thanks

I would ask that question on a vintage RV website

I’m not sure about the yellowing, but to get a shiny looking finish on fiberglass with a dull gel coat I used Zep High Traffic Floor Finish to make a deep shine. I’ve done this on 2 rv’s with faded finishes and brought them back to life. Get the super clean I used Dawn and purple power, and water. Clean and rinse before the soap dries. Then apply the wax with micro fiber in a back and forth direction. Several coats work well. Below is one that was faded and chaulky after I applied the wax.

Attachments

• IMG_0869.jpeg
    IMG_0869.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Latest resources

Back