RV Length
40’
Chassis
M2-112
Engine
Cummins L9 - 450Hp 1250 Tq
TOW/TOAD
Mojave - JT
Hello group - need for my tool box a good diesel scanning tool under $ 350.00 ? preferably made in the USA. I need to occasionally check and clear codes or perform force regen’s if needed. (Cummins ISL engine ) I have reviewed the Nexlink nl102 scanner and seem not to be reliable… any help would be appreciated thank you Bryan

Search forum for Diesel Laptops

It is a handheld despite the odd name.

You may be able to find them used. There is a link on the forum with that info again if you search the forum for diesel laptops but otherwise I'm not aware of other options but @Rich W. is the resident expert that can probably help you further.

I picked up this one at Harbor Freight during a 20% sale.

Thanks Neal - diesel laptops are not in my budget. I’m looking for something handheld.
Here’s a link to it used for 50% off - $300.
I bought mine from them used and couldn't tell it from new. The company is called Diesel Laptops because they primarily provide high end rugged diagnostic equipment to shops and fleet owners but they also offer several handheld models, this one being the most economical and the best application for private owners.

That looks like a good choice as well - basically looks the same as the DL handheld but different labeling and a different carrying case.

That looks like a good choice as well - basically looks the same as the DL handheld but different labeling and a different carrying case.
Has worked well. Can be used on non diesel autos as well. Still have my MX+ that I used in the old class c so haven’t done others yet.

Have read codes for a couple people to verify what they were and if safe to travel or not.

It is a handheld despite the odd name.

You may be able to find them used. There is a link on the forum with that info again if you search the forum for diesel laptops but otherwise I'm not aware of other options but @Rich W. is the resident expert that can probably help you further.
Ok I didn’t even think that the name would be a good search. Thank you again checking

Hey Dennis - I read up on the Zurich and reviewed utube won’t really work on a Cummins ISL motor in particular. Dang thanks for the fyi.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back