Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
This is a continuation of a discussion on another thread about Silverleaf battery charging.

The DutchStar being discussed is a 2024 DutchStar with the Lithium Ion batteries and two Victron inverter package. There are three Lithionics Batteries totaling 920 or so Amp hrs.
Purchased 10/1/2023.
Noted shortly after purchase that the chassis battery would not remained charged without engine running. Voltage Bridge was not connecting.
Newmar service is sending maintenance rep to look at issue. The question is this a failed BIM or something regarding installation.
The Lithium battery option configuration is new for the DutchStar so questions about the actual installation persist.

Thanks for the new thread @Joe Hogan. What voltages are you seeing for the AGM chassis batteries? I'm curious if what you're seeing is simply normal and maybe others can share what they are seeing. I've seen my chassis battery voltage low, even after the Victron conversion that has my attention but things appear to be working normally. It may simply be how the charge cycle is setup? I don't know. So again, what are the numbers you're seeing vs. expecting?

IMG_1101.jpeg

After being plugged into Shore Power over night This what the voltages displayed. The chassis battery has steadily fallen from 12.8v to 11.68. According to the BIM specs Chassis should be charged to 80% or 12.6 - 12.8v or so
At this point I tried the Generator, no change.
Occasionally the Bridged symbol will flash, then return to blank.
It appears the system is aware of the low Chassis battery but unable to connect House and Chassis batteries.

This leads us all to assume the BIM is the problem, we'll see.

Possibly in haste I ordered a new BIM.

If you run the GEN does it charge the chassis batts? I'm just curious of the various voltage paths.

Tried all alternative paths, Shore and Generator, No Joy. The only source that will charge Chassis battery is the engine alternator. The House batteries charge with Engine Alternator, Generator, and Shore power.

With engine running the display looks like this,

IMG_1112.jpeg

Other option could be bad chassis battery?

what about the transfer switch? I had a similar situation on Ventana due to loose wiring in the transfer switch.

It sounds like you have the same problem as @Ddmo

Also keep in mind there is a solar panel that should be charging your chassis batteries directly but if your chassis batteries are under constant load charging the house batteries then it can't overcome that load.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back