• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Full wall slide fail!! 2020 DS 4081

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well I am happy to report that I can close this chapter out. Today I finished the replacement of the aft actuator, figured out which hoses to swap fittings on the sync cylinder to ensure the room did not drop on the floor and then followed the protocol to synchronize the two room extension cylinders. I am grateful for the built in creepers we have in the basement locker. The synchronization cylinder is conveniently located in the ceiling of the large full width basement storage so using the siding tray made getting in there easy. I had to borrow an extension hose to get the hose swap done. HWH supplied the schematics but they do not mark the hoses or fittings so figuring which hose and fittings are which is an art.
The project was nerve racking but I am satisfied that it was done right and only cost me my time. Working with Frank at HWH was a pleasure. I need to package up the old damaged unit and ship it back to HWH so they can determine what and why it failed. I will be keeping an eagle eye on the room when it extends and looking for any sign that it is not going out or in evenly.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back