Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Leave to the Dollar Sinkhole named Amazon, handy tool. This tool should make it easy to remove the cap on teh Valve Stem on teh inside tire of dual wheels.

Is this something that is an issue? I used to work on class 8 trucks in the salt belt, many of which spent 20% of their time off road in mud and muck, I always just used my fingers. Even though I wear XL or XXL gloves, I still had no problem getting into everything from 19.5" to 24" wheels.

The newer Newmar DPs no longer use extensions on the inner rear wheels. Consequentially reaching the valve stem through the wheel is a chore and potentially dirty.
These tools were invented to reduce the "difficulty/dirty excuse" for not checking air pressure some :)

Thinking back on to my first "Road Side Emergency", it was a leaking inner wheel valve stem extension. Cost Newmar a $100 or so under warranty.

Those Newmars seem like they cost enough they'd spring an extra $10 a pair for proper length valve stems already on 99.9% of road going duallys of all industries (most of which cost less).

It's no big deal to have an extended valve stem. If the grommet won't stay put in the hole a little adhesive goop fixes that. I've had them since 2013. DL1FC Chrome Duallyvalve Kit

When I had the tires rotated on teh 2018 Canyon Star, I had proper length metal valve stems installed. :cool:

21Jp7xxqkcL._AC_.jpg

My outside dual valve stem is pointed toward the axle. So @Joe Hogan had posted a nifty tool from Amazon, but sadly they are out. I spent half an hour trying different things to get the cap on by hand with no luck. Getting it off was way more manageable. I'd like not to crawl under to get behind the wheel, but that might be my only option.

Thankfully, the 2024 Dutchstar rear inside dual wheel has an extended valve stem that comes back through wheel openings. Easy to reach.IMG_0934.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back