• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Just WOW!!!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Nothing like CEO’s who care about there customers. Where did that era go?

We're new to campers,but not camping, is she correct, is there that much wrong with the rv industry?
I recently remodeled the tub on our new to us 2017 Forest River ,and found only three 2x4 supports holding the tub,I replaced it with a shower unit.
I hope I can keep it up a few years so we can use it!

Oh my!

Wow!

This is just a scare tactic. The last thing Lippert or RV manufacturer wants to do is sue. Why? It will open them up to subpoenas. She could ask for all kinds of records, like warranty claims, service department records, manufacturing costs and materials used, and any other fiduciary documents. The one thing they can't stand is for the truth to come out.

Making these records public in a court of law would make a VERY BAD press release. It could also, lead to a class action counter suit.

We're new to campers,but not camping, is she correct, is there that much wrong with the rv industry?
I recently remodeled the tub on our new to us 2017 Forest River ,and found only three 2x4 supports holding the tub,I replaced it with a shower unit.
I hope I can keep it up a few years so we can use it!
History book claim that the change of suppliers, resulted in the end of alpinelite. Such a shame as my 83' fifth is a keeper.

I admit the blame falls on the manufacturer. Their fault lies in their effort to build to much into something that has physical limitations.

However, we must step back and understand these things are not stick and brick!!! We must take responsibility when we shop excess!

Wow, she poked the bear.

History book claim that the change of suppliers, resulted in the end of alpinelite. Such a shame as my 83' fifth is a keeper.

I admit the blame falls on the manufacturer. Their fault lies in their effort to build to much into something that has physical limitations.

However, we must step back and understand these things are not stick and brick!!! We must take responsibility when we shop excess!
I agree they are just recreational trailers, although a lot of families count on all the workers that build them and the parts industry.
The incentive should be that new is better than old,not to be concerned about a lifetime wish or dream falling apart from poor workmanship.
I know most employees hands are tied on how much time is spent on each unit.
Hopefully the industry will take notice before it's to late.
I don't want to see Made In China on my next RV!

The argument used to justify failures is that Lippert builds to spec and does not control how the manufacturer designs their product that uses the frame.
To some degree I agree that Lippert should not be held at fault for a manufacturer miss application.
Many folks just load until available space is used up. Never think of total weight or balance.
A manufacturer can wall paper the trailer with warning stickers to no avail.
The consumer and sales staff need to be educated on these points.
Additionally, in my opinion most if not all trailers are built for a few trips a year max. If you are full time moving every month or so, or migrating each year, the trailer frame will show wear.

However, Lippert might be more proactive in expressing this point both with Manufacturers and educate ultimate consumers.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back