Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Smk52

RVF Regular
We have a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV which has an Onan 4KY generator. Today in the process of getting ready for the end of our season, I went to run the generator to heat up the oil for an oil change and the generator started and then shortly after stopped. It put up a error code of 12 which from my research is related to over voltage. I tried a reset, all breakers off in the RV and then turned off the breaker on the generator itself. Am I correct in thinking that this must be a bad control board as I believe turning off the breaker on the Onan should isolate it from anything else. The generator has less than 50 hrs on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Steve

We have a 2018 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV which has an Onan 4KY generator. Today in the process of getting ready for the end of our season, I went to run the generator to heat up the oil for an oil change and the generator started and then shortly after stopped. It put up a error code of 12 which from my research is related to over voltage. I tried a reset, all breakers off in the RV and then turned off the breaker on the generator itself. Am I correct in thinking that this must be a bad control board as I believe turning off the breaker on the Onan should isolate it from anything else. The generator has less than 50 hrs on it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Steve
Local Cummings service center wants $191.00 /hr to troubleshoot with an estimated 2 hrs needed. That doesn't include the time to replace anything.

Follow-up:
Found an RV service center to trouble shoot for $150.00/ hr. Dealer said control board was bad. Quoted $1,150.00 to replace it. I said no thanks and paid their trouble shooting fee of $150.00. Ordered a control board from Flight Systems for $400.00 and installed myself for a savings of $600.00.

Where I winter people give them away! Last Onan I had the salvage yard gave me 30 bucks for, I thought that fair.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back