RV Model
MK200 Grand Design 2022
RV Length
20'
Engine
5.3 Liter V8
Fulltimer
Yes
I have a 2018 Chevy Silverado Towing a 2022 200MK Trailer by Grand Design. How do I stop the bouncing. Would front and rear shocks upgrade take care of it, or should I decrease my weight?

Check out this thread

Is it bouncing up down (porpoising) or swaying back and forth (tail wagging the dog)? If its bouncing up and down a lot, stiffening the rear suspension of the tow vehicle (perhaps air bags and/or new shocks if yours are old and worn) should help. If its swaying back and forth as you get up to speed, its probably loaded wrong with too little tongue weight and/or too much weight behind the trailer axles.

If it is bouncing up and down due to the choppy road surface in certain areas, try reaching down and lightly pressing the trailer brakes. This will level you back out until you hit the next set of bumps in the correct frequency to start the bounce again.

So a couple of things we did to 'assist' with several issues to include what was mentioned here. I installed a rear sway bar to assist me mainly on turns or curves. I was looking hard at air bag systems, but when I decided to pull the trigger. I ended up hearing some great feedback about the RAS (Roadmaster Active Suspension) system. Putting out some feelers, I received some good feedback so I decided to take advantage of one of their sales promotions and bought the system. I installed it and was surprised by the responsiveness of the truck with and without the trailer. Finally, after weeks of working on the WDH, I was able to get it dialed in.....CAT scales are surely enjoying my $$ for the multiple weigh visits. Even with the two things I did before dialing in my WDH, I would experience some issues at various levels. BUT when I got the WDH dialed in.....wow what a difference. I hope this helps!

Attachments

• PXL_20230403_151734149.jpg
    PXL_20230403_151734149.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 5

Latest resources

Back