• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I guess my fingers or my dyslexia caused an error. I have the 206Ah not the 280Ah. I also paid $629..not $529....going back and editing the original post. Sorry for confusion.
Don't apologize! You were just keeping the dream alive!

Well, that was until you posted this correction!!

Guess we will have to wait till they find something cheaper than child labor in the Cobalt mines to get lower prices!!!

I keep my eye on the SOK website for a sale to expand my storage. Currently the 280s and 206s are priced at $3.15/ AH. The 206s are out of stock. I am not hurting and am thinking black Friday sale for purchase.
I’ve been watching SOK, specifically for the 48v batteries.

@redbaron I forget the thread we we had discussed the integration of the BMV-712 data into HA, but ....

after a few years, I finally to around to this, I put together a Wemos D1 mini V3 with a DC power shield and connected it via a JST-PH connector to the VE.Direct port on the BMV-712 per the Schematics section of the instructions. I installed esphome on the D1 mini per the esp8266-example.yaml example (creating secrets.yaml as appropriate). I connected the DC power shield to 12V (power and ground wires).

Power it up and I got the house battery data loaded into MQTT. Now to update HA to display that data. Didn’t take very long to setup. I still need to clean up the install now that I know it works.

@redbaron I forget the thread we we had discussed the integration of the BMV-712 data into HA, but ....

after a few years, I finally to around to this, I put together a Wemos D1 mini V3 with a DC power shield and connected it via a JST-PH connector to the VE.Direct port on the BMV-712 per the Schematics section of the instructions. I installed esphome on the D1 mini per the esp8266-example.yaml example (creating secrets.yaml as appropriate). I connected the DC power shield to 12V (power and ground wires).

Power it up and I got the house battery data loaded into MQTT. Now to update HA to display that data. Didn’t take very long to setup. I still need to clean up the install now that I know it works.
That’s a good method. I currently am using a library I found that utilizes BLe data and puts it in MQTT.

I have converted my existing AGM auto gen start to use SOC by disabling AGs for battery in the Silverleaf and allowing HA to control.

What I have noticed is that BLe data is accurate within 5 minutes but does get about 30% drop rate. I don’t think this matters, but your solution would be far more accurate.

Wow reading this makes me release just how ignorant I am on this topic. Like a foreign language...:eek:

What I have noticed is that BLe data is accurate within 5 minutes but does get about 30% drop rate. I don’t think this matters, but your solution would be far more accurate.
I got around to finishing the install of the Wemo D1 mini yesterday. One of the things I noticed was that the HA MQTT integration automatically picked up all the parameters that the BMV-712 was outputting, which makes it that much easier to integrate into HA.

I noticed that the data was only updating every 10 seconds. I looked back at the esphome configuration file and noticed that there was a "throttle" command which limited it to 10 second updates. I removed the throttle and now get updates every second.
Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 11.04.28 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 11.04.43 AM
Screenshot 2024-05-31 at 11.04.43 AM.png

I really do like how easy HA integrates with MQTT. I need to look into the alternatives to the BLE that I am using, as my data is only reliable at 30 second intervals.

This is the DC card I made with data from the Victron Shunt.

1717182215244.png

Latest resources

Back