• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Where were you with your TIFFIN today?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The Longhorn Ranch in Dubois. Wy. Wifi, cell works well, full hookups, sites on the Wind River. Dubois has some great restaurants and not far from Jackson, Brooks Lake and Whiskey Basin. Highly recommend. Water has been too rough and muddy for fishing this trip but the area is gorgeous even with snow flurries and 50 mph wind gusts! 😳 Hosts are lovely and as usual, met some super fellow rv’ers.

Attachments

• B942EFAF-23CB-43A2-84C9-70816AD85FD2.jpeg
    B942EFAF-23CB-43A2-84C9-70816AD85FD2.jpeg
    6.2 MB · Views: 10
Highly recommend. Water has been too rough and muddy for fishing this trip but the area is gorgeous even with snow flurries and 50 mph wind gusts! 😳
You're getting snow flurries in June?

You're getting snow flurries in June?
Yes! Mostly over the pass to Jackson but a few flurries down here at our site in Dubois…it’s really been cold with these wind gusts and streams have been high, out of their banks. Prob the same system effecting Yellowstone? Went to Brooks Lake to fish today but the road was closed and the lake is still frozen. Odd weather patterns it seems. Still crazy about this area though!

Out West, one of the most traveled frontiers. These are the voyages of the RV, Ruby Red. Its two month mission, to explore strange, new lands; to seek out new friends and new places; to boldly go where many men have gone before.

Ahhh my variant of one of my favorite openings..LOL We will be heading out on our two month tour tomorrow. I will try and post some pics of our stops along the way. We will be doing a RV caravan Fantasy Tour . They have like 33 different meals and outings all ready planned for us.

We will be starting at Colorado Springs, Colorado, at the Garden of the Gods. Its about 1750 miles one way to get there. I set up stops on the way out with Harvest Host. First stop is a winery, then a Honey Bee Farm, then a restaurant, then our last stop to spend the night, before we head in is at an old non commissioned Missile Silo. I believe that is in Kansas.

Wish me luck and stay tuned if you like.

HH

Last edited:
Out West, one of the most traveled frontiers. These are the voyages of the RV, Ruby Red. Its two moth mission, to explore strange, new lands; to seek out new friends and new places; to boldly go where many men have gone before.

Ahhh my variant of one of my favorite openings..LOL We will be heading out on our two month tour tomorrow. I will try and post some pics of our stops along the way. We will be doing a RV caravan Fantasy Tour . They have like 33 different meals and outings all ready planned for us.

We will be starting at Colorado Springs, Colorado, at the Garden of the Gods. Its about 1750 miles one way to get there. I set up stops on the way out with Harvest Host. First stop is a winery, then a Honey Bee Farm, then a restaurant, then our last stop to spend the night, before we head in is at an old non commissioned Missile Silo. I believe that is in Kansas.

Wish me luck and stay tuned if you like.

HH
We'll set up a Gofundme page for ya to buy fuel . . . :)

LOL....... yep but I think Neal had first dibs on the gofundme option, but I will gladly take seconds.

At this stage of the game I would rather pay than stay home, may cost me a lot more for fuel, but I only have so many more years left to do this. Sometimes tomorrow never comes. The western tour has been on our bucket list for years. It was put on hold for two years because of the Covid crap.

So Ruby Red, Engage, or Hit It, ........ and off we go.
HH

At Halliday Winery in Martinsville Ohio. First Harvest Host stop. On the shores of beautiful lake Milton. Bought a bottle of wine, parked in golf course, and was serenaded by a great singer at a party. Look under the pavilion to the right of the singer you can see my coach.
3DD7BD8F-F103-47E3-BEDA-73850C01B18F.jpeg
4D3707CE-912F-4AF6-A85F-FF55E75CB470.jpeg
CF9430BC-366F-43CD-A3E3-325CB84C8EBC.jpeg
52FC1A9A-B1E8-4B66-8B6A-156B0E2DB74B.jpeg

Last edited:
We got a little later start due to family and life. But I managed to put on 350 miles. The winery is very, very nice. They serve wine and mixed drinks and have a compliment of sandwiches and salads for sale.

No hookups just dry camping. 86 degrees and running the Genny to stay cool. Easy shot I80 West to I76 West. Light traffic. Stupid rest stops in western PA have signs NO PETS. Give me a break.

HH

Second stop Harvest Host, Martinsville IN. Hunters Honey Farm. They have over a thousand active bee hives. We had to drive 15 miles of back roads to get here but it was worth it. Put on 378 miles. I270 going around Indy was a pain in the butt.

I will post a few pics later, cell phone coverage, that the pics are on is almost non-existent.
AF25D89C-8085-485E-8592-28414ED791FC.jpeg
7A0C725B-3549-42D7-B432-CDCB63628571.jpeg
A20BFB43-2D16-410C-951C-199698554D3A.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back