Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Anyone consider exterior windshield protection film? Here in Florida near the shore, windshields get sand blasted from wind and road debris. Endless small pits. Think about a high quality sacrificial film to protect windshield of DSDP And tow.
something like this.

No I haven't considered but would probably help. My windshield is pitted.

I've had a lot of discussions on this, but never seen anyone actually do it. And, at least on a Newell, here's why...the glass has too many compound curves. Since the film is super thick, it's also very rigid and can't be stretched/formed like normal PFF. So, the choice is to put a "band" across the lower section in order to not deal with the curvature. I know some who have contemplated running 2 sections but, again, never seen it done.

Also, it's all about cost. At $2400 for a windshield, some folks (even myself) will roll the dice with a breakeven of 3-4 years of "windshield insurance" vs. self-insuring. My last PFF was the top of the line stuff and it was $1,000! I recall the windshield being in that ballpark as well. So, "IF" it kept you from a new windshield, you'd be $1400 ahead over X amount of years you keep your coach. Of course, for most of us, not having to hassle a replacement may be worth it ALL!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back