Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Fuel Tank Pressure sensor replacement.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

sthoge

RVF Newbee
I have a 2019 pursuit 29SS and have gotten a P0457 code. I have done the trouble shooting on the system and discovered that the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor is broken out of the tank.
Is there anyone on here that has ever had to have their FTPS replaced and if so, how did they go about it? I'm wondering if I might be able to access it by dropping the generator and reaching it that way. The other option would be to cut a hole in the floor (area is below the bed) and access that way.

Looking at the pictures, you can see the sensor setting on the side of where it is supposed to be with the nipple part that goes into the tank, still in the tank, so the sensor is simply reading atmosphere and the PCM thinks the fuel cap is off.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I really don't want to have to take it to a repair shop and pay to have it replaced if I can avoid it.
IMG_3340.jpeg
IMG_3344.jpeg

We had a 97 Bounder that the fuel pump went out. It to was under the bed so I did exactly that, cut a hole in the floor replaced it and them made a door to cover it back up. Took some time had to careful when cutting the hole but was fairly easy and straight forward after that.

Latest resources

Back