• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Going off grid.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well, there ya go. I still don't think Coleman did that, but maybe. And to run the E350 on 24v they must have installed something to reduce the voltage to all the components in the truck.

Well, there ya go. I still don't think Coleman did that, but maybe. And to run the E350 on 24v they must have installed something to reduce the voltage to all the components in the truck.
Or not!

So you think the engine computers and the bulbs and all the workings are fine at 24v? Hmmm. Maybe I need to study it a bit. Not sure why other then to satisfy my own questions. I don't think I will be building anything as long as I can get a generator. Noticed some Cummins 24v threads while searching.....

He put a meter on it and it said 27v......I am baffled as well. Only Kevin D Pem has a handle on this one.

You said it was a Coleman Lite, but did not mention the model number. Could you add that so I can look up this unicorn?

I checked the models for 2023 for solar and some have it. It did not state 24v as an option on any of them. In fact, it did not say 12v anywhere either. It could be part of a solar package with a step down converter and more capacity with 24v. But I think it is highly unusual for Coleman. At any rate, you have it so use it.

You said it was a Coleman Lite, but did not mention the model number. Could you add that so I can look up this unicorn?
Most of the time only running lights are converted for a vehicle that has a 24v system.

Think you will find the trailer is a custom conversion. (One of a kind kind)

But for solar, 24v system is ideal. To use 12v devices use a DC to DC converter, or dig deep for 24v devices. 400 watt panels are great for a 24v system. That however is where my 24v system ends before I go 12vdc for house loads.

As I said, a unicorn. These kind of questions are better asked in forums that deal in exotic conversions, like the one I got into to study this a bit. There are people out there that have done some nifty things, but they are like you and live on the edge of what can be done. Not your typical camper people.
I was interested to read the negative views from well informed people on the conversion being done that was very similar to what Degnr8 wants to do. It is doable, it can work, but it requires adjustments to how you live in it and requires constant attention and care. In particular, that guy insisted he was going to us a DC air conditioner and he was told repeatedly it would not work. It simply could not produce enough cooling, even in a small van. We all learn from doing things and finding out for ourselves. Have fun experimenting!

Latest resources

Back